Saving item from inspire does not work (Report ID:803356479)

Report ID:803356479

When trying to save an item from the HEP-database inspire the "Saving to" window appears but never disappears. The item never appears in Zotero. I'm using Zotero standalone with the Safari connector.

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Open Zotero standalone
2.) Open e.g. https://inspirehep.net/record/1280276 in Safari
3.) Click the "Save to Zotero" button

For completeness, the reported error message is as follows:

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this._translatorInfo.configOptions')" {file: "safari-extension://org.zotero.zoteroconnectorforsafari-8LAYR367YV/bc854f4/zotero/translation/translate.js" line: 2040}]

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'tab.page.dispatchMessage')" {file: "safari-extension://org.zotero.zoteroconnectorforsafari-8LAYR367YV/bc854f4/messaging.js" line: 148}]

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'tab.page.dispatchMessage')" {file: "safari-extension://org.zotero.zoteroconnectorforsafari-8LAYR367YV/bc854f4/messaging.js" line: 148}]
  • could you confirm your Zotero version, please?
  • It's version 4.0.29.15.
  • and this still occurs? Works for me, but on a slightly different setup. The error messages shouldn't indicate a problem.
  • Unfortunately it still occurs. I've also clicked on "Reset Translators" and "Update Translators". Safari Connector version is 4.0.28. Safari version is 10.0.2 and I'm using macOS Sierra 10.12.2 - everything up-to-date. Database integrity is checked. No idea what I'm doing wrongly...
  • You're probably not doing anything wrong. I'll try to look at this in the connector as soon as I get a chance.
  • Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue, I'm macOS Sierra 10.12.1, Safari 10.0.1 and Zotero Safari Connector 4.0.28: [JavaScript Error: "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'tab.page.dispatchMessage')" {file: "safari-extension://org.zotero.zoteroconnectorforsafari-8LAYR367YV/fe744a9d/messaging.js" line: 148}]
  • OK, found the solution in a previous thread: you need to re-install the Microsoft Word Add-On from the Preferences on the Zotero standalone app for mac.
  • I have not installed the Microsoft Word Add-On and can't do so without Microsoft Word...
  • yeah, that must have been a coincidence -- the word processor add-ins shouldn't have any impact on how or whether this works.
  • I can't replicate this. There will be a completely new Zotero and a new Safari connector soon, possibly before the new year. Wait until you've upgraded to 5.0, and post here again if the error persists and we can take this back up.
    Importing from other sites works for you?