Zotero doesn´t recognize the already existing Bibliography of my document

edited December 19, 2016
Hello everybody!
I got a new laptop to keep on working in my Thesis and I installed everything as usual, got my Zotero account synchronized and everything seemed to be working just fine.
However I have an already existing Bibliography in my Dissertation and Zotero is not recognizing it.
When I wanted to add a new quote it just started a new bibliography list from 1 and the quotes I already have are not being recognized by Zotero (this means I cannot edit them or anything like that).
The list is still being showed at the document and the number of the quotes are still in place, just not useful to Zotero.
I have over 150 items in that Bibliography!! I would drive crazy if I need to re-do everything!! Help!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!
  • Which word processor?
  • Word 2016 (office 2016)
  • Try pressing alt+F9 (alt+FN+F9 on a Mac). Do the citations in the document change? If not, the connection to Zotero got removed somehow. The most common causes of that are if you a) save the document in an unsupported format such as .rtf or .odt or b) save it with a program that doesn't support Word fields such as Pages or LibreOffice
  • Thanks a lot :) I had to use a back up version but with your tip I hope it won´t happen again :)