Can't save papers and no sync from server

edited December 19, 2016
Edit: This issue seems to have spontaneously resolved itself. I'll make another post if it happens again, but it may have just been a server error for Zotero.

I'm working with Zotero on two computers, one Windows one Mac, and I have encountered two problems that make it impossible to continue. I am using Chrome and the Standalone on both computers.

The first problem is that saving papers is largely not working. Sometimes it goes through, but most of the time it stalls at the "Saving to (Folder Icon) (Folder name)..." phase, only showing the folder with no paper details. The tab eventually disappears without having saved the paper into my library. Once in a while it goes through, but it is rare and I can't figure out why it is happening.

The second problem is that I cannot seem to sync from the server. Uploading to the server from my Windows computer has worked so far, based on my online library changing. When I try to sync from the Mac I get an endlessly spinning icon with a mouse over of "Sync With Zotero Server".

I checked my storage and it tells me that I have 70% storage capacity filled. This shouldn't be a problem yet, and I don't see how that would mess up the sync server, but it is a nice round number for the problems to appear at. I bring this up because it might be some coding error that kicks in at 70%.

Does anyone know what is happening here? I urgently need to be writing and gathering papers, but this has stalled my completely.