Transferring data from MSWORD file to Zotero

Hi,

I have a lot of raw reference data in MSWORD format and would like to add that to zotero in order to automatically adjust to APA 6th edition and available to all users on my zotero account. Please let me know how this can be done.

P.S. I am a new user so please provide detailed explanation on "how to" steps.

Thanks a lot.
  • No built-in way to do that, but see Importing Formatted Bibliographies.
  • Thanks. i tried but after i select the file nothing happens.. any suggestions on this problem?
  • select the file where? The page describes many methods. You'll want to read carefully which method applies to what situation.

Or do you mean you have references in MS Words built-in reference manager? That's more complicated then.
  • I was trying to use the Reference Extractor and there was this option of selecting the MSWORD file that contains the data. I did that but the result showed no references extracted. In the file there are more than 300 citations though..
  • As the documentation says, that tool is "for Microsoft Word “.docx” documents with Zotero or Mendeley citation fields that were inserted with the Word plugins from these reference managers", so of no use in your situation. the anystyle.io is probably the best tool for you.
  • (I also had somebody on Twitter who was confused by the requirements to use Reference Extractor, so maybe we should put it in a less prominent place. Although I think it's the best tool if you can use it.)
  • Thank you so much everybody. anystyle.io worked fine for me. Thanks again.