Adding Citation Using Firefox

I can't add a citation on Zotero using Firefox. It used to work but ever since I updated Zotero I try to add a citation from a website as usual and a little window pops up at the bottom right side of the screen but when I check in the Zotero library its not added.

I thought it was because I reached my limit of storage space but I deleted a whole bunch of citations and reduced my storage space but it still doesn't add citations. I tried closing and opening Zotero but it didn't work.
  • (storage only affects the syncing of file attachments. It never impacts how Zotero actually saves or cites items).

Could you run through
    https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues
    and make sure to provide all info requested under 11 if the 1-10 don't help?
  • I tried the link you gave me and it didn't help at all. The translator icon is there and it works. When I click on it the window pops up that says "saving such and such a site," but when I go to the Zotero standalone there is nothing saved. I notice that when I use Zotero for Firefox it does save items but I don't like using it because it covers part of the web page.

I tried all the stuff on the link and nothing worked. I even tried re-booting Windows and still nothing.
  • Note that that page and my post asks for a whole bunch of information that you didn't include.
    Luckily, you did get me the relevant bit in your answer, see here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sharing_data_directory
  • Thank you so much. The problem has been fixed. I had put Custom on Data Directory Location. I was trying to export to my hard drive because I had run out of storage space and I wanted to back up my data before deleting some directories to free up space. I was able to free up space but didn't realize I had to change the Data Directory Location back to "use profile directory," to share data from Windows Zotero Standalone and Firefox Zotero. The first link was completely useless but the last link helped me fix my problem. Thank you so much.