Latest beta on latest nightly: Some clashes.

Hi there; I have a few bugs to report:
1. [JavaScript Error: "tab.getCaptureState is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/browser.js" line: 452}]

2. Webdav updates fail with:

[JavaScript Error: "Not enough arguments to File." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 525}]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/A6NDHQ85 failed"]

3. Somehow, the "Retrieve Metadata for PDF" functionality gets stuck (the window is updated once, then nothing). The Cancel button then does not work. The `pdftotext` program is not to be blamed, as there is no launched process (as witnessed by `ps aux`).

4. I don't have the log for that one, but when I added a large quantity of files, zotero died with a Unix error for too many files opened.

5. When I activate debug, zotero://debug does not work, giving: "The address wasn’t understood"

If we can sort out point 5, I'd be happy to provide more logs.

Cheers!

Specs: Zotero 5.0-r97, firefox Nightly 53.0a1 (2016-11-21) (64-bit), on Arch Linux.
  • edited December 12, 2016
    Zotero won't work on Nightly (which, among other things, probably has e10s enabled — that probably causes #1 and #5, at least). You can run it with 50 or 51 Beta. The full version of Zotero for Firefox will likely be discontinued before Firefox 53 is released, and will definitely not work with e10s. We'll be releasing a beta of a WebExtension connector for Firefox (similar to the Chrome extension) within the next week, so keep an eye out for that if you want to keep running Nightly.
  • edited December 13, 2016
    Fascinating! I read a few months ago that Nightly was working with Beta 5.0, but did not keep myself up to date; sorry for the noise. Zotero is dead, long live zotero, then!

Edit: #3 still is a problem, though. The dialog is completely stuck and clicking Cancel does nothing. That's this PDF here: http://michael.cadilhac.name/private/cbl.pdf

More edit: In fact, it seems that it *does* create an entry from the metadata, but it somehow gets stuck.

Cheers;
    M.