MS Word in Full-Screen (Mac)

When running MS Word on Mac in full-screen mode, the add-in acts really funny. You get moved to a separate desktop where you have to select your citations before being taken back. It's really annoying. Could a citation-selection menu not be built directly into the MS Word interface? I'm sure it's possible since I've used add-ins with sidebar interfaces.

Also, is there a way to be able to double click a citation in order to automatically get taken to the bibliography? Or if clicking a toolbar button takes you to it? It would be really nice to also be able to see any citation attachments such as PDF files by clicking a toolbar button.

Can an undo/redo button for citation changes also be incorporated? The built-in undo feature doesn't seem to work with citation changes.

I've also noticed that the Zotero toolbar on MS Word 2016 looks quite funny. Only some very small icons show and no text. I think this may be a bug?

Anyway, thanks for the great programme. I hope you can look into these things.
  • The citation menu in Word is probably a no, since the actual add citation window is part of Zotero, not of the Word add-in.

No way to link citation and bibliography, no, though that's generally on the agenda of things I'd like to do (it's a bit problematic given the way the bibliography currently works, since it just gets created as one text, so it doesn't have individual embedded markers for every entry).

Not sure if the toolbar button/PDF is the same idea -- have you seen the "View Item in Library" button in the add-in?
  • Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I don't seem to have that toolbar button but yes, that would be precisely what I was hoping for. I currently only have the following:
    - insert citation
    - edit citation
    - insert bibliography
    - edit bibliography
    - refresh
    - preferences
    - remove code

Hitting refresh multiple times takes me to my library but not to the right item in my library. I'm running the latest version of MS Word on the latest version of MacOS.

• When you are inserting/editing a citation, click on the blue bubble for the item. There is a button to view the item in your library.
  • It's at the bottom of the add/edit citation dialog, after you click on the item in question: This is from LibreOffice, but since as per above it's actually Zotero displaying, it'll look exactly the same for you: http://imgur.com/a/uUGX8
  • Ahh I see, thanks for the tip