Adels-Präfix - Zitierstil oder Einstellungsfrage?

Hallo zusammen,

wenn ein Autor ein Präfix hat, etwa "von XY" oder "de XY" wird bei mir, obwohl ich das Präfix in den Nachnamen schreibe, das bei Zitieren (v.a. in der Bibliographie) sofort hinter den Vornamen gestellt, also derjenige dann nicht unter V oder D eingeordnet sondern beim normalen Nachnamen. Kann ich das irgendwo ändern oder ist das eine Frage des Zitierstils?

Herzlichen Dank für die Hilfe!
  • Das ist eine Frage des Zitierstils, eingestellt durch die "demote-non-dropping particles" Option.
  • Diese steht im Code meines jetzigen Zitierstils nicht drinn, wo muss ich diese wie einfügen?

Herzlichen Dank für die Hilfe!
  • edited December 9, 2016
    demote-non-dropping-particle="never" in die erste Zeile, also die die mit <style anfaengt.

edit: Tippfehler verbessert. particle ist singular und es ist non-dropping
  • Could it be that this feature stopped working? After two years I re-opened my thesis - and I am pretty sure I didn't change any CSL code in the meantime. But when I refreshed the bibliography I fount that "De Waal" is now listed under "D" and "Van Deth" under "V". But I want it the other way around, filing "De Waal" under "W" and so on...

I tried Chicago (denote-non-dropping-particle="display-and-sort") and KZfSS (denote-non-dropping-particle="sort-only"). Shouldn't both have the effect I want to see, namely ignoring "De" and "Van" when sorting the bibliography? Am I doing anything wrong? Do you need further information?
  • Zotero expects non-dropping particles to be added in lowercase, i.e. Van Deth is treated differently from van Deth. I get the expected sort&display behavior using the latter.
  • Oh, ok. Did this change over the last two years? I just don't understand why it changed and why I can't *turn back time*. (You can imagine me singing the last phrase.)
  • Yeah, this may well have changed -- there's been ongoing discussions about getting this right in as many situations as possible and I think we may have tweaked the behavior. Since that's part of the processor code and not the style, there's no Cher option for you, I'm afraid.
  • Now that I know this is not a bug, but a feature - I will be fine. Thank your for your quick and competent response. Wie immer.
  • edited March 14, 2022
    Hello,

I´ve got a similar problem. I would like the following: "XY, von". Right now it is "von XY". Can anybody please help me?

Thanks in advance :)
  • edited March 14, 2022
    Depends on the citation style and how it's set in the style. Which one are you using?
    See https://docs.citationstyles.org/en/stable/specification.html#name
  • @damnation Thanks again for always helping me :)