add possibility for dowloading (pdf) files while exporting metadata in COinS format

Hi,
I have recently learned how to include metadata for books and articles in a web page/post using Zotero and exporting metadata in COinS format. I have noticed that the URL info included in the documents descriptions is not exported when exporting metadata in this format.
Three questions arise, for which I could find no answers on the forums (or elsewhere):
1. Is there a way to include the URL info in the exported COinS-formatted metadata?
2. Is there a way to include a possibility for zotero (or any COinS-enabled collector) to download automatically the corresponding file - the metadata of which is provided on the web page (and for which I can provide a stable link, for example in the URL description) - with the metadata? Corollary question: does the inclusion of the stable link in the URL information resolve this problem?
3. If this possibility exists, is it possible to integrate it in the process of exporting metadata from Zotero using the COinS format?
Thank you in advance
  • No, unfortunately it's not possible and it can't be added because the COinS standard simply does not include the concept of a file attachment.

Currently, the only two ways to get Zotero to import PDFs from metadata on a page is to use unAPI or google Highwire metatags (specifically the citation_pdf_url one) https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/exposing_metadata

We're planning support for another format, JSON-LD based on schema.org, which could work like COinS in that it embeds with the bibliography and would allow richer metadata, including file links, but that may still take a bit of time.
  • adamsmith: "We're planning support for another format, JSON-LD based on schema.org, which could work like COinS in that it embeds with the bibliography and would allow richer metadata, including file links"; that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your answer.