Vancouver superscript

Hi, I'm fairly technologically challenged and need some help. I want references in Vancouver style with the in-text citations to be consecutive, unbracketed superscript numbers. Right now they are bracketed regular numbers which I think is just the default, but I was wondering if there was a simple way to alter all citations throughout my paper. Thanks so much!
  • Awesome! Thank you so much.
  • Is there a way to add the bracket back in? I am looking for Vancouver style, superscript numbers with brackets. Thanks!
  • Hi, please explain the best way to achieve the following in-text citation formatting using Zotero. I'd hoped to be able to snip an example to show you here, but I see I can't do that, so I'll try to explain in words instead!

We are writing medical copy which has to be approved by Medical Regulators before we finalise it for the client to use on websites, as journal adverts, etc. We are currently using Vancouver (superscript) to get the superscripted reference numbers we need with no brackets.

But when we quote from multiple places in a long set of guidelines, for example, we would like to be able to add a, b, c, etc. to the superscripted ref numbers. We can then label the highlighted PDF with 1a, 1b and 1c to help the Medical Regulator to quickly find which of the multiple highlighted sections each of our sentences refers to (we could perhaps use page numbers instead of a, b, c to achieve the same result).

At the moment we are doing it manually. We get our copy perfect, with its superscripted numbers and its bibliography via Zotero. Next, we go through the entire doc typing in the a, b, c's where required. Then, once Med Reg has approved, we go through the whole doc again to remove the a, b, c's before handing the copy over for publishing because the client doesn't need the extra level of detail!

Hoping you can come up with a better system!

• You could add these as page numbers (see https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#customizing_cites ) in the in-text citation and use a style like AMA that includes page numbers for the first round and the switch to a style that doesn't (like Vancouver superscript) for the final submit.
  • That might very well work! Thank you, I'll run it past my team of authors.