[REQUEST] show quantity in folder tree

I don't know how much of a performance hit this would be, but I think showing the number in each folder on the folder tree would be great. I often wonder how many articles I have in my smart folders and in certain collections and seeing them without selecting the folder and pushing ctrl+a would be nice.

I am imagining something like what you get with an email client where we would see

My Library (152)
> Subcollection 1 (27)
> Subcollection 2 (12)
v Subcollection 3 (0)
Subcollection 3a (10)

Saved Search (23)

There might not be a great benefit for displaying the quantities on the subcollections. However, for the saved searches, this would help a lot as I use a collection of searches to determine my unorganized articles as well as the articles I still don't have pdf's and need to look for.

Thanks,

Rich
  • There's an old ticket for displaying the count next to collections. Display a live (i.e., non-cached) count for saved searches would likely be prohibitively slow with larger libraries, however, since it would have to actually run each search whenever any item data changed.
  • I would vote for the same feature for tags so that you can easily identify tags that are just "outliers" in your library.

Mikko