Ways to improve Zotero Firefox addond, especially when adding tags?

Hello,

I'm using the latest Zotero addon for Firefox, and the general performance is pretty bad as any action can freeze the entire browser for a few seconds...

The worst part if when I add tags, since whenever I add one the entire browser would freeze for about five seconds before I can add the next one!

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do now to improve performance? Thanks!
  • That's definitely not normal behavior. Do you have other Zotero-related extensions installed? If so, try disabling them.

Otherwise, does closing the tag selector in the bottom-left help? That shouldn't be necessary unless you have a huge number of tags, but it might help.

In any case, let us know if this is still an issue in 5.0, which will be out soon.
  • Thanks Dan for your quick response.

The only other things I have installed is the LibreOffice connector.

I closed the tag selector on the bottom left, and the performance is much better. The wait is only ~1.5 secs max (instead of 5!). Why is the tag selector such a big performance hog?

Also, my browser stalls whenever the Zotero addon is syncing and its progress bar is running...

I look forward to trying the 5.0 addon, hopefully it will have lots of performance enhancements?