Zotero Word for Windows Integration plugin not working

I know this issue has been covered so many times in different threads, but none of the solutions seem to work for me.

My Zotero Word for Windows Integration plugin has stopped working - it was working before but I realised it wasn't anymore after I tried to insert a citation in my document and got this error: "Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again."

I looked at my Firefox Extensions page and the Zotero add-on was working ok, but the Word plugin was saying that it was not verified for use and could not be installed. So I re-installed both. Now the Word plugin is saying "Zotero Word for Windows Integration will be installed after you restart Firefox". But every time I restart Firefox, it still has the same message. What is happening? How can I fix this?

I don't know if it's relevant, but my Firefox updated a week or 2 ago, it's version 50.0. Also, my xpinstall.signatures.required preference is set to false. This is a screenshot of other signature-related preferences in my Firefox Configuration Editor: https://postimg.org/image/j9gx0e5lj/ I don't know if any of those are relevant either.

Thank you so much for your help.