[Zotero 5.0 Beta] Synchronising/viewing problems

Having problems synchronising. Report: 1974825826. I get a Zotero tab window that rolls down and swiftly rolls back up again. Have removed a problematic shared group, but still getting the drop downs. Any ideas?

Z.5.0 is a big improvement, by the way. Well done.
  • I'm not clear on what the window is you're seeing, but if you can provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails that might be enough to go on.
  • Thanks Dan -- Debug ID: D930470806
  • Still having major issues with Zotero. I tried to go back to the earlier version, failed, and now am trying to re-install version 5.0. But when I try to open the in-browser version I get this error message:

This Zotero database requires Zotero 5.0-beta.105+8c2c097 or later.

Current version: 4.0.29.16

Please upgrade to the latest version from zotero.org.

So I click 'check for update', and am told Z. is up to date! How do I re-install v.5.0? I need access to my work urgently.
  • Many thanks!
  • Still having what appears to be the same synching problems. I've sent another Debug ID -- D875273091. Report ID is 410637024.

The problem is that when I click the synch button top right, a blank window descends then rolls up swiftly. This happens again, the synch button continues to circle, and then the red exclamation icon appears and remains. Clicking on that gives me:

An error occurred during syncing:

'left' and 'right' cannot both be deleted

I'm uncertain whether my work is actually being save and synced.
  • I'd assume it doesn't sync (though obviously you don't need sync for saving items).

@Dan%20Stillman will need to take a look at this.
  • Sorry for the delay on this. Most of this should be fixed in the latest build, 122. Can you upgrade to that and try again, and provide another Debug ID for the attempt if it still fails?