Data base upgrade error

I got an error message about a data base upgrade error. Amy idea what to do
  • Could you provide some more details of when this happens and what exactly the error said? Were you, e.g., trying the 5.0beta version?
  • Database upgrade error
    (Exception..."component returned failure code: 0x80004005(nS_ error_ failure)

(Moz IStorage Connection.Rollback Transaction) " Ns result: "0x8004005 (nS_error failure)"
    Location "JSframe:: Chrome:// zotero/content/ xpcom/dB.JSByrne@wicklowcoco.ie::
    Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.rollbackTransaction : : line 538 '' data:no ) (Error: cannot Rollback -no transaction is active.)

Hope you can help
  • again, though -- could you provide some context _around_ this error. When did this occur? What were you trying to do when it occured? What Zotero version are you running? What have you tried to troubleshoot.
  • I have the zetoro on my laptop for a month. Loaded 14 Oct.
    I am using it daily. No issues.
    I was trying to open the zetoro stand alone this morning.
    Where can I check the version?
  • I just don't know where to start. We are following the Web advice for 4 hours. Do I need to download it again. Have I lost my referenceson. I am mid thesis.. appreciate any help
  • Looks like a version from 12/5
    Version 4.0.29.10
  • Shut down. Powered up multiple times. Same error each time
  • edited November 19, 2016
    If you can actually start Zotero, the version would be under "About Zotero" either in the top menu or under the Gear icon from the Zotero toolbar.

For the obvious question -- have you tried restarting your computer?
  • We can't actually open zotero at all. It won't go into the screen
  • Do you also have the Firefox version of Zotero installed? Does that open?
  • Yes it is installed.
    It does not open
  • you never answered whether you've tried restarting your computer.
  • Yes restarted many times