Problem with Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition (note with bibliography) style.

The volume numbers of books are not showing up. According to the MHRA style guide, the volume number should be where the asterisk is in this example :

Samuel Pepys, The Diary of Samuel Pepys Edited by Robert Latham and William Matthews, ed. by Robert Latham and William Matthews, 11 vols (London, 1975), *, p. 595.

This also affects the subsequent/short references. It's a big problem as there's no way to tell which volume is being cited.

I am new to Zotero so would be very grateful for any advice on what to do to fix this.

• False alarm! I was entering volumes into the 'Volume' field in roman numbers, but if I use arabic it all work fine.
  • (we should probably fall back to just printing the field when it's not recognized as a number, though).
  • I just proposed a little change to the style for the fallback suggested by @adamsmith. Will update here if it is implemented.
  • The style is now updated.

@adamsmith Is this true for all updates to the CSL repository?:

"The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by clicking "Update Now" in the General tab of the Zotero preferences.

Styles also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated."
  • yup, happens automatically after the PR is accepted.
  • Sounds good - thanks for all this!