Using Command F when taking notes

Dear all,

I've searched for an answer to this question, and haven't found it. I'd be grateful if you have any ideas.

I take notes using the "Edit in separate window" feature. Some of the notes I've taken are quite long, and I'd like to be able to use "Command F" to search through a window I have open currently. In other words, I do not want to search my entire library. I want only to search the individual note attached to a particular bibliographic entry.

Speaking of searching my entire library, however... When I do search my entire library, and various results pop up, there is no easy way to go straight to the section of the file that contains the search term. While I know the search term exists somewhere in the entry, I cannot use "Command F" to go to it directly, as is the case when searching in Google Books, for example.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.
AS
  • I wanted to extend the functionality of TinyMCE editor (exploit plugins) and I wrote up my experiment here.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/zotero-dev/nmtCLEb9zLA

TinyMCE 4.4.3 can be launched as the external note editor and the content of the (earlier version) TinyMCE 3.5.7 can be passed for processing. I also added SVG as a mime type to be shown.

However, be aware that editing/hacking /resource/tinymce/note.html in this way has to be repeated for every new release of Zotero. It is not a Zotero approved method.
  • Having search snippets displayed has been a long-planned feature, but I have no idea when it will actually be implemented.

Cmd+F does work in HTML mode for notes in Firefox, though I believe it doesn't in Standalone. (Updates&improvements for the note editor in Zotero should happen at some point, too, but again, no idea when).