Zotfile not doing anything

edited November 12, 2016
Hi!

I am using the latest Zotero (4-somethiing) and just installed Zotfile.

I set a new incoming folder and one to store my pdfs (e.g. Documents/Incoming and Documents/Zotero Library) and set the naming format for the directories (author/year) and files (author/year/titles etc)...

However, despite restarting multiple times, and placing a pdf in the incoming folder, nothing is happening...?

Zotfile is there as an addon and I can select preferences (as above), but I can't see anything in any menus to do anything to transfer the old attachments to the folder specified or check the incoming folder for new attachments.

Have I missed something?
  • Sorry to bump this but I've restarted multiple times and Zotfile still isn't moving the pdfs to the new location, renaming them, or bringing any new ones in from the incoming folder.

Obviously I do appreciate that this is an extension but wondered if anyone here could offer advice...
  • The watch folder is a rather finicky feature of ZotFile (it doesn't add incoming files automatically, rather, you have to click the notification bubble while not having an item selected).
    Start by moving the file to Zotero manually and see if ZotFile does what you want then.
  • edited November 14, 2016
    I've managed to get the watch folder working.

However:

Some of my file attachements are now at

Desktop/Zotero Library/author/year

But the rest remain in Zotero's default storage folder (I am using Linux).

Is there a way to refresh so that all the Zotero file attachments are kept in the correct location specified in Zotfile, i.e.:

Desktop/Zotero Library/author/year

Any help much appreciated?

N.B. Do I, perhaps, need to click 'Revert to absolute paths...' in preferences? From the description it isn't 100% clear what this button actually does?
  • select all --> Manage Attachments --> Rename attachments
  • Nice one! Wasn't at all clear that I had to do that but really glad you let me know, thanks!