Item Type defaults to Journal Article

Hi, I've added Google Scholar tags to a site I'm developing and these are appearing in the Zotero plugin as expected.

How can I control the Item Type value? It presently defaults to Journal Article, but I would prefer it to display Encyclopedia Article. Is there a tag I can use to control this field?

Many thanks.
  • With Highwire Press tags alone, you don't have the ability to specify the type explicitly & the tags don't allow an obvious way for Zotero to infer you're referring to an encyclopedia article. You'd be able to specify type using RDF or by including metadata to trigger some other translator instead.
  • edited November 9, 2016
    specifically, there just is no standard vocabulary for an encyclopedia entry. You can force book section using <meta name="dc.type" content="bookitem"/> or content="bookchapter"

The relevant code is here: https://github.com/zotero/translators/blob/master/RDF.js#L390

(I think you may technically be able to use name="zotero.type" content="encyclopediaArticle" to force encyclopedia article, but that's a hack that no other software will understand and I'd discourage it -- definitely as the only type description; not sure if it could work in addition to a regular dc.type)