Trouble dragging Citations into Scrivener

I currently have my quick copy citation style set as Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (note). Whenever I try to drag a citation into Scrivener, it ends up looking like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc79gma2pz7tw7s/Scrivener bug.PNG?dl=0

Basically the entire citation has collapsed itself onto a single line, so that the text is overlapping. It then subsequently messes up the formatting in the entire document, with Scrivner completely losing the ability to separate lines.

I have not had this problem with other word processors. I think it only started occurring once I updated to the latest version of Scrivener as well, so something might be up there. I currently Scrivener for Windows 1.9.7.0.

Not sure if the error is on Zotero or Scrivener's... but hoping to fix soon, as for the moment I have to first copy into word, and then into Scrivener to avoid this problem.
  • Kind of glad to see that I'm not the only one. I'm having the same problem:
    Zotero 4.0.29.10 and Scrivener 1.9.7.0 (all in Windows 10)

Hope someone can help

cheers
  • This is almost certainly a problem with pasting formatted HTML into Scrivener. 1.9.7.0 release notes say that they fixed a bug:
    Removed code attempting to clean up styles from HTML on the clipboard when pasting into Scrivener, as doing so could lose parts of the original text.
    I suspect this may have introduced the problem you are seeing. You should try posting on their forums regarding this.