Issue saving to library

Hi,
I'm having problems saving web links to my library and my group library. When I click to save as a web page the box appears as usual in the bottom left hand corner of my screen and appears to save but either doesnt state a desination or states it is saving it in a group library of which I am not a member of. I've mentioned this to a colleague who is a member of the group library it zotero states I am saving in and sure enough my reference points have been added in there but on the webversion it shows these have been added by another user....help!!
  • Is this on Chrome? If so, make sure you have Zotero Standalone running, then
    past
    chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/preferences/preferences.html

into the Chrome bar, hit return and then let us know what is says under Zotero Standalone and under Save via Server.
  • Hi Adam,
    No this is using firefox.
  • And you have checked that you really don't have that group when you open your Zotero pane in Firefox?
  • Absolutely, I only belong to one group library.

The group library it appears to save to is used by another team in my organisation, and the user that Zotero is recording my references as being saved by is a member of both libraries.
  • How about when you literally have the Zotero pane open in Firefox below the site while you're trying to save an item?
  • Nope, still just the one group library showing
  • Sorry, what you're describing is so incredibly weird that I want to make sure I'm getting an answer to the exact question I'm asking:
    So you have the Zotero pane open in Firefox (via the add-on. Not Standalone). You have a webpage open right above it. You click the save to Zotero button at the top of Firefox (please do confirm this very specific constellation). The item shows as saving, but is not saved to your Zotero?

Anything unusual about your setup? E.g. are you on a network install of some type?
  • I know, but you are completely correct in your assumptions.

Nothing unusual that I'm aware of, it was an individual install directly from the Zotero website.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a save attempt?