Style Request: Cite Them Right 10th Edition

Can anyone update the 9th edition to the 10th edition?

Link to 9th edition:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/harvard-cite-them-right.csl
  • It's generally on my radar, but I'm rather annoyed by the speed in which they issue new editions (which makes no sense for a citation _standard_) , so my motivation isn't terribly high.
    Of course, one of the UK universities who follows the style could just do it themselves or pay a dev for it...
  • How about I take a run at it - but I'm no expert, could you take a look at the my final version, just to make sure I didn't do anything stupid?
  • I take a look at every style or style change submitted to CSL, so yes, of course.
  • OK, think I got the author et al fixed for version 10.... not sure where or how to save it, but I think you can access my version here:

http://csl.mendeley.com/styles/20882901/harvard-cite-them-right
  • ist that the only change?
  • They mention in the forward of the book the following updates:

Fully expanded APA/MHRA/MLA/OSCOLA/Vanvouver
    Serials section
    Computer/video games
    Secondary referencing
    Citing and referencing multiple authors (the bit I fixed)
    Later and revised editions
    Referencing journal articles in virtual environments

I think it is the only one that has relevance to citation software, such as Mendeley or Zetoro, is citing and referencing multiple authors.

The other changes seem to be new types of sources, for example Mobile apps, Clip art etc.
  • So the change is that for more than 3 authors, it uses firstauthor, et al. in the bibliography?
  • lol, that is all I can see
  • I thought it would be a bit more work than that - but I guess they can justify selling a new book!
  • Hi @adamsmith
    Just digging this one out. The current Harvard-CTR style on the repo is still version 9 from 2013. Shall we get this updated to version 10 or have two styles in the repo?
  • We'd just update -- see the discussion above, the actual change needed is minimal.