Sync failing repeatedly

Hi,

ver. 4.0.29.15, Mac desktop, isn't syncing anymore. Please help!

Specifically, sync specs are good. When attempting sync, I receive a typical "Conflict message," "The following item was changed in multiple locations," I'm asked to choose which version I want to keep, for 29 items; I do "Use local for all remaining," and press sync. Then it works a little bit, but goes back to main menu with a note (exclamation sign) that sync failed. This is already going on for a couple of weeks and limiting of course my work a lot.

Thanks!
  • I just posted report error: ID 1415410971
  • Hey, so did I do what's one supposed to? I sent the error report using the dialogue in standalone, and posted my ID here; are you guys going to respond? This is kind of urgent, and dragging itself, too. Thank you.
  • Click the error icon — it tells you the problem (a note is too long) and what to do about it (find the note and shorten it or delete it).
  • Right, but it was not telling me that at all. It just did this now for the first time, after I posted error message. Anyways, a drag, but resolved.

By the way, is there a way to increase size of notes? Thanks.
  • no -- but notes should allow for 50k characters. That's something like 30 pages of text...
  • edited October 23, 2016
    Could images / graphics in notes be your problem? If I need a graphic in a note, I save it apart from Zotero to Dropbox and put a link to it as a public share in my Zotero note. Not an ideal but a workaround that does the job.