Zotero beta 5 crashes FF 49.0.2 after a while

jkr
edited October 22, 2016
The Debug ID is D1792029790. I don't see any tags and after a while FF simply hangs. Seems to be some sort of Java issue?

whenever I edit an item (here: Language field), Zotero stops functioning properly. Sometimes it crashes FF (spinning wheel), now I can click on the respective entries, but it does not get "selected" (the previously selected item stays on the right-hand editor)

The Debug ID is D259190399.

[JavaScript Error: "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at ws://127.0.0.1:24866/4."]
  • Does this still happen if you disable your other Firefox extensions?
  • I also keep getting this weird FF crash (here's the [report](https://github.com/lizzydoodle/crashreports/issues/1))
  • yeah, you really want to try this with the other add-ons disabled. Several of those (definitely papermachine and better bibtex, probably autoexport ) have not been updated for Zotero 5 and may very well break things in all kinds of ways.
  • Seems to be one of the extensions. Sorry :-( Will try to figure out which one(s). Better BibTeX seems to be working okay
  • jkr
    edited October 22, 2016
    I think the culprit is indeed papermachine, all others seem to work.
  • the BBT developer is actively working on Z5 support, so that one I wouldn't worry about for the long run. Pretty sure CJR (of papermachine) won't have time to update that, which is a shame.