identifying cites by inputter?

Hi out there,
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I need to know: how can I sort my library (15K items) by who entered the citation? We have a number of new hands on deck and I need to QA their work.

Thanks!
  • you can only do so online at this time (though it'll likely be possible to do so in the software itself in the future). On the group library online, there is an "Added by" column by which you can sort.
  • Great! Thanks for the speedy answer!
  • FWIW, for our (smaller) group library I have a slack Channel that gets every new item and the person who added it via IFTTT (which in turn uses Zotero's Atom feed; I found that worked better than directly going via Slack RSS integration). Not sure at what volume you're getting in new stuff and if it's possible to filter that by specific team members, but I've found it quite useful to catch entry issues.
  • Great, thanks for this, adamsmith. We probably don't have enough traffic to warrant right now, but maybe we will in future.

Follow-on question: any way to run a report by added-by value?
  • no, sorry on the report. Zotero locally currently is entirely unaware of who added any given item, so you can't do anything there, and the webpage can't do reports.
  • Thanks again, adamsmith. All my questions answered within one work day!