Periods (full stops) in journal abbreviations

Hi,

I'm using the Gastroenterology style file I found on the Zotero styles page. It incorrectly puts a period after the abbreviated parts of the journal title (the previous does this as well on the website).

Does anyone know how can I edit the style file to solve this? When I copy paste the style file into the csl editor in Zotero and demo a few references, they all display with their full references so I'm not sure how the programme gets from there to abbreviated (put with periods) journal titles in e.g. Word and Latex.

Thanks
  • Was quicker to just go ahead and fix this (you add strip-periods="true" to the container-title form="short" line to do this)

The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by clicking "Update Now" in the General tab of the Zotero preferences.

Styles also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know & thanks for reporting