On Zotero's sync frequency

edited September 30, 2016
Yesterday I opened Zotero on my laptop and found out that it wasn't synced with the version I use in my PC, even though I'd been using it a few hours earlier. I guess it's because I closed the PC Zotero before it had synced completely.

My doubts:

1- Does Zotero auto-sync after some time period?
2- If so, how often does Zotero auto-sync?
3- Can the auto-sync frequency be modified?
4- Does it auto-sync when closing? If not, why?

Cheers
  • Zotero syncs after every change to it's database (within seconds). It also syncs on idle every 15mins, I believe (but Dan would have to say -- I do think there's a hidden pref to adjust that interval, but it's irrelevant to your situation).
    It doesn't sync on close specifically because that'd be pointless given the above.

My guess would be that you just got a sync error on your PC that you didn't see, but impossible to say without you actually checking: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing
  • Must have been some sync error that I missed then. You are right, there's no point in fiddling with the sync frequency if it auto-syncs after every change.

Shouldn't Zotero warn the user if a shutdown is issued but the database isn't completely synced?