Style Error - American Fisheries Society

There is an error in the bibliography citation for a chapter (section) from a book.
Currently the CSL yields...

Isley, J. J., and T. B. Grabowski. 2007. Age and growth. Pages 187–228in C. S. Guy and M. L. Brown, editors.Analysis and Interpretation of Freshwater Fisheries Data. American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, Maryland.

There should be a space between the page number 228 and in.
There should also be a space after the period proceeding editors.

The visual editor shows these spaces but they do not show up in the bibliography created in Word.

I also would like to work with someone to correct the "Report" citations to match the style guide of the American Fisheries Journals.

Thanks,
Carlos

• I'll have to check, but I believe that this isn't actually a bug in the style but due to an error in Zotero (specifically the citation processor it uses) that has since been fixed and will be in the next version. I'll test tonight and confirm -- I'll also be able to get you instructions on how to get that fix immediately.

For reports, just post here what needs to change.
  • Thank you!

In terms of the Report citations in the bibliography, the style guide for the journal calls for...

Author: is currently correct, except if no author is given then the issuing agency (could use the "Institution" variable) should be listed as the author. However, an abbreviation variable for the institution is needed. In the bibliography a the report author would look like...

NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). 2003. Biological
    opinion on impacts of treaty Indian and non-Indian fall season fisheries
    in the Columbia River basin in year 2003, on salmon and steelhead
    listed under the Endangered Species Act. NOAA Fisheries, Consultation
    F/NWR/2003/00865, Seattle.

where...
    Institution abbreviation (institution). Date. Title. Series Title, Report Type Report Number, Place.

Institution abbreviation =NOAA
    institution = National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
    Date= 2003
    Title=Biological opinion ... the Endangered Species Act
    Series Title=NOAA Fisheries
    Report Type = Consultation
    Report Number= F/NWR/2003/00865
    Place= Seattle

If adding an institution abbreviation is not possible, I believe I may be able to figure out a way to manually add information into the existing variable fields to get the desired result. However, I am trying to implement a Zotero reference manager for a large collaboration of individuals with hundreds of reports and manually adding information to each would be time consuming.

Please let me know if this is possible or if you have other ideas.

Thank you in advance,

Carlos
  • Reports are now fixed, but the chapter issue is still broken. I have an error report in. The style should be doing that correctly.
  • Confirmed (with expletives). I'll fix it.
  • Fixed. I've updated the Propachi plugins, give it a try.
  • There's another error in AFS style -
    Book edition numbers are messed up where they are pasted right at the end of the title without a period or space:

Burnham, K. P., and D. R. Anderson. 2002. Model selection and multimodel inference2nd edition. Springer, New York, NY.

Should be
    Burnham, K. P., and D. R. Anderson. 2002. Model selection and multimodel inference, 2nd edition. Springer, New York, NY.