Knowledgeable Support needed

Hello, for many items that have been uploaded by other users in my group, I receive a notice when I click the item that "The Attached File Could not be Found." This has been going on for 3 months; it's not for all items; it's not for a specific item type. The IT person for my company has spent abt. 10 hrs. looking into the problem including posting in discussion forums, and he cannot figure it out. We rely on Zotero and I cannot continue to have this problem because it's affecting our ability to deliver to our clients. Is there some tech-savvy user whom my company could pay to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible? I am sure this is solvable - I need someone to spend time figuring it out. How should I contact someone who could work for hire to resolve this issue?
  • Can you see the attachments in the group library on Zotero.org? If not, then this is an issue on the other members' side--they need to ensure they have let Zotero finish syncing.

If you can see the attachments online, then what you are probably seeing is that Zotero hasn't finished a very large sync of many items/files. In the Zotero preferences, on the Sync tab, change "Download group files" to "As needed"--this should make opening all your items smoother. The next version of Zotero (5.0 which is in beta) should also be smoother in these cases.
  • (I suppose I could try to help you for hire, but it's rather hard to predict what that entails and shouldn't really be necessary -- are any of the posts from your IT support person here on the forums so we can get a sense of what's already been tried?)
  • Adamsmith - thank you for the quick reply! I've taken down your and bweirnik's user names so that we might access your expertise in the future. Meantime, bwiernik's suggestion about Zotero preferences setting worked! I can't believe it, but it really seems to be that simple of a solution. Funny. I'm very happy right now. Thanks again to both of you!