How can I get license type to be displayed?

Hey all, my professor wants me to cite the title, author, source, and license but I can't figure out how to get the license type to show up in my bibliographies. I'm assuming that is what the "rights" field is for.

Thanks for any help!
  • sorry, the "Rights" field can't be cited. Is this for software or for regular sources? Because I've never seen this as a requirement, nor does it make a ton of sense.
  • edited September 6, 2016
    William are you asking for a way to include the Creative Commons license type / level? Something else? If the CC license, I've heard of this being requested to appear in the bibliography along with the publisher -- particularly in media studies. I've seen this requested for annotated bibliographies. I recently helped someone who was required to provide this license information in a grant proposal. I suggested that the information be appended to the publisher name field in Zotero. That seemed to be acceptable for this case. However, when license info is not required the added info in the publisher field is unwanted. Eventually, if CC license information becomes more commonly required; something will need to be done with reference management software.

Edit:
    The proposal was for funding to produce non-English educational material. The RFA required the application to describe what already existed on the topic and the copyright status of that material. The application allowed for possible partial translation of proven existing material. The applicant needed to demonstrate "a broad knowledge of existing consumer material" on the subject and of the types of evaluations done to measure each of the listed project's success.
  • The ability to cite the Rights field would be useful for things citing images (type of copyright permission) and government/military documents (type of release).