Zotero error 13 : type mismatch

Hi everyone!

I have been using Zotero for sometime now and at my work place. Everything seems to work perfectly... except not on different machines :'( I'm using Zotero 1.5b and its new sync function, but I can't get it work on my PC at home :(

With the same document from my workplace, I can't neither cite new references nor edit the existing one on my PC at home. The message error always says : Runtime error 13 : type mismatch

Seems like I encountered the same problem mentioned in this thread : http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3028/microsoft-word-runtime-error-13-when-pressing-any-zotero-button/ And I still can't find the solution.

Here are different things I have tried:
- reinstall Zotero and Microsoft word (both 2003 and 2007, Zotero works on none of them)
- delete completely the Zotero folder from Mozilla profile and copy the Zotero folder from my work place
- install new Zetero and sync the folder with the one of Zotero server

If I start a brand new blank page, Zotero works fine... I don't get it. Any helpful input is appreciated. Thanks before hand.

Regards,
  • one thing you should do is, right after this happens, select the "Report Error" option from the Zotero gears menue, and past the Report ID number it will give you here, so that the dev. team can connect this particular error to the report.
  • Welcome to the forums.

This is unlikely to be related to syncing. Please follow the debugging steps linked from the other thread and post any follow-up there.
This discussion has been closed.