Zotero Citation (German) with FootNotes or editing an existing Citation Style

Hi,

I am quite new to Zotero and I have checked the Video intros and browsed the forums; I don't find the Info I am looking for:

I am using Word for Mac 2016 and I can't get a bibliographic reference into a footnote.

I can Cite, I can create a bibliography within the text pages, but I can't get a reference in the footnote.
I get the message, "Zotero Fields are not allowed here" when I try to insert a bibliography in the footnote area.
Am I doing something wrong or doesn't this work at all ?

The requested Footnote Style should look like this:

Number AuthorLastName, AuthorFirstName, Title. City Year
e.g.
1 Kloeser, Klaus Lost in Zotero Citation. München 2016

If someone knows a citation style like this, I would be very happy.

Thanks for help.
  • Insert the Zotero citation into the text of your document, rather than into a footnote (Zotero will make the footnotes automatically).

For styles, Chicago Note or Chicago Full Note should work fine. You can also search by example for styles here: http://csl.mendeley.com/searchByExample/
  • wait -- why are you trying to insert a bibliography in the footnote? Is that a typo or do you actually click "Insert Bibliography" with your cursor in a footnote?
    Also, see my question from your other thread: If you cite something in any citation style and then switch the citation style to Chicago Manual of Style (full note) -- what happens?