Losing work when syncing

Hello!

I have a couple of people using the group library that are losing work that they've done after they've synced with the server. Is there anyway to combat this and/or get the work back that they've already completed? (In this case, someone had a bunch of loose PDFs in their folder, and then created all of their citations; which they lost after syncing).
  • We've never heard of anyone losing items, so it's pretty unlikely that that really happened. First, when you say they created citations, do you mean that they created parent items for the PDFs? Unless someone actually deleted items (and emptied the trash, assuming they're not there either), it's much more likely that there was a conflict and the items somehow ended up not being in the collection, but I'd be extremely surprised if the items weren't still in the library root. Sorting by Date Modified in the library root might help.

I suspect they'll find the items, but they should also make a backup of their entire Zotero data directory immediately, since the automatic database backups that Zotero makes could come in handy.