EMAIL BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCES

Hi colleagues!
I want to thank Zotero´s developers for this powerful and free source! :)
Firstly, I am a quite a new user in Zotero´s world. Anyway, I have been using the tool for a while and I couldn´t find any feature to email directly a complete bibliographic reference without exporting the bib. reference to MS word (or any other format) and afterwards process it (attach it in a new email or simply copy/paste)

Is there any Zotero´s feature which allows me to email diretly a bibliographic reference to a friend/colleague?
If there is not, it would be really interesting to provide users with such a quick tool
Thanks a lot!
  • First, the all-caps isn't necessary.

Second, this has been discussed here more than once. Try a search.

Third, you can copy and paste a formatted reference into your email. I forget the command (since I never use it), but it should be easy enough to find.
  • And you can also just drag a reference directly from Zotero into the email you're composing. And to preempt the next question, you can set the "quick copy" output style in Zotero preferences.
  • As siroco1979, I also look for a simple method to email a complete zotero-item (bibliographic info and attachment and notes) with one click. So I could distribute complete zotero database entries between zotero-users.

bdarcus you are right, this issue is discussed some times before, but until now I have not seen a "one click" solution.

The "one click" solution should do the following steps. Export the selected items in the selected format (for me zotero rdf with notes and attachement), zip the output-folder to get a distributable file, open the standard email programm, generate a email with the zip-File attached.

I know, that these steps all could be done at the moment (by hand). But it is every time I want do it some work to do, which I think could also be done automatically.

On the side of the recipient of the email it would be nice, if one could simply import this zip-File, generated above.