[fixed] Unexpected error while retrieving metadata for a PDF

Hi

I'm using Zotero for Firefox 4.0.29.10 (and Firefox 48) and yesterday retrieving metadata for PDFs has suddenly stopped working. Updating translators and styles does not seem to help.

ReportID 773720438 DebugOutput D301923589

Thanks in advance,
Artem
  • What exactly happens? Have you been using the feature a lot? In that case, you may just be running into google scholar's bot detection.
  • The error message "Unexpected error..." is displayed in the small window with the metadata retrieval progress bar every time I try to retrieve the metadata for a PDF. Doesn't matter if it's the university network or from home.

Haven't been using more than usual (may be 3-4 files a week), actually the recent usage was less active than, say, a month ago.
  • Concerning the scholar bot detection -- if I copy-paste the google scholar query string from the debug output into the browser everything works. The required article is found and no captcha displayed, as it happens when google suspects a bot.
  • @Dan -- could you check out the error report/debug?
  • Hello, I am experiencing the exactly same problem Artem reported above. My report ID is 594013872

FYI, My zotero error report is shown as below.

Warning: NetUtil.newChannel(uri) deprecated, please provide argument 'aWhatToLoad'

Thank you for your consideration,

K3
  • Proxy.create is not a function
    "Retrieve Metadata from PDF" is broken in Firefox 48. We hope to have a fix out ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • This should be fixed in Zotero 4.0.29.11, available now.
  • It works! Thanks a lot!