How to cite special issue in APA 6th edition

Dear experts,

I would like to cite an article which is published in a special issue. How should I put it in Zotero?
I am not citing the whole special issue, rather citing an article published in special issue.

Many thanks.
  • An article published in a special issue is cited just like a regular journal article in APA. No need to make any reference to the title of the special issue or its editors.
    See here: http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2012/05/citing-a-special-issue-or-special-section-in-apa-style.html
    Of course, you may want to reference just one article within a special issue or special section. That’s okay! To do so, just use the journal article reference format, as usual.
  • Dear Adamsmith, Many thanks for your answer, much appreciated.

Can you please give an example of this "Of course, you may want to reference just one article within a special issue or special section. That’s okay! To do so, just use the journal article reference format, as usual." ?

Did you mean that,

XXX, y (201x). Article tile (special issue:xys), journal name, vol.(issue). pages.

Thanks.
  • If you click through the sample citation, I don't think even "(special issue:xys)" should be part of the citation. The article will be uniquely identified by journal name, vol.(issue). pages, doi.
  • Thanks, I agree. Adding special issue would complicate, and normal citation would be best. I really like APA 6th edition, though have not tried other formats.