Duplicate PDFs

I would greatly appreciate adivce on the following:
I need to delete duplicate PDFs that are listed under a single reference - sometimes three or even four duplicates

EXAMPLE

Article name XYZ
Article PDF 1
Article PDF 2

I know that i need to select eh extra file and delete. However, i have large numbers of these duplicated and wanted to know if there is any way to automate the process other then manually selection of each and every reference
Thanks AK
  • I'm not aware of any quick solution, sorry. There are plans to improve duplicate merging so they're less likely to appear, but I have no idea when that'll happen, nor would it help you with the already existing duplicates.
  • @adamsmith
    Hi, would it be possible to implement something like that:
    - now the application has the option to detect duplicates.

So when I import something to Zoter, the application can easily check whether this is a duplicate or not (it is already implemented). If it is a double, then instead of imorting again, the application would make a reference to already-existing entry (like it already does).

Both ingridients required for this already exist. Feels like "a single if and calling one or two already implemented functions" (and maybe an "on/off" switch in preferences). I do not want to make it sound trivial, but it already feels "almost supported"