The attached file could not be found.

I have just migrated from Mendeley and are a new user in Zotero. I'm still cleaning up files from the migration including multiple duplicates.

Computer A (ubuntu) where I originally imported into is working fine, I am able to access the pdfs.

Computer B (windows) which I synced to is not able to open the PDF's, it is unable to locate the files "The attached file could not be found."

On Computer B the data diretory is set to: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dkwba64z.default\zotero

I can see the coded folders containing individual pdf's within this directory, but Zotero can't find them. Any directions much appreciated.
  • Thanks for the advice, it still did not work but I believe it was some issues exporting from Mendeley using a combination of Mendeley's export function and menotexport - only half the attachments came across. Anyway, I took a long hand approach to updating the files in the end which seems to have worked. However, next step is troubleshooting sync issues between Ubuntu and Windows machine. I'm working through ideas here:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/29322/howto-linked-attachments-dropbox-zotero-40/

I'll post again if I can't work it out.