Error message

I am trying to prepare a list of references using the style of the WHO Regional Office for Europe (Harvard). I am receiving systematically the message "An error ocurred generating your bibliography - Please try again". The numeric style of WHO (Bulletin of the World Health Organization", which is numeric, works fine but I really need the Harvard Style of this Organization. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks
  • Could you provide more details and a Report ID? https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • Hi

Go to Zotero styles https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=harvard , and get the last style in the list, which is "WHO Regional Office for Europe (Harvard)" and then add it to your list of styles in Zotero. In Zotero, take a group (in my case such a group (collection) refers to several entries pertaining to a document I prepared) and try to "Create bibliography from collection". As the "citation style", you choose (WHO Regional Office for Europe (Harvard). Try to save the bibliography as RTF or HTML. You will have an error message: "An error ocurred generating your bibliography - Please try again".
    I do not know what you mean by a Report ID.
    Thanks
  • The link adomasven provided explains how to generate a Report ID.
  • Hi
    Report ID: 1783471267
    The problem is as follows:

1. Go to Zotero styles https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=harvard
    2. Get the last style in the list, which is "WHO Regional Office for Europe (Harvard)"
    3. Add it to your list of styles in Zotero.
    4. In Zotero, take a group (in my case such a group (collection) refers to several entries pertaining to a document I prepared)
    5. Try to "Create bibliography from collection". As the "citation style", you choose (WHO Regional Office for Europe (Harvard).
    6. Try to save the bibliography as RTF or HTML. You will have an error message: "An error ocurred generating your bibliography - Please try again".
    This problem occurs with this style only. Can you fix it?
    Thanks
  • edited August 4, 2016
    No errors in there. Are you sure you generated that after receiving the error?

In any case, can you find the smallest set of items that triggers the error (which you can do easily by trying half at a time, then half of that, etc.), export it to Zotero RDF (without files), and email the file to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread? The style works for me, so there may be an issue with a specific item you're trying to cite.
  • edited August 8, 2016
    [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: CSL error: Level mismatch error: wanted bib_entry but found undefined"]
    OK, thanks. This should be fixed in the latest 4.0 Beta for Firefox. If you have Zotero for Firefox installed, you can install the beta over that, close Standalone, and cite from there. Otherwise, you can either wait for the next Standalone release (which should be within a week or so), which will contain this fix, or install Firefox and the Zotero for Firefox beta, which will share your existing data directory by default, and cite from there.

If you do install the beta, you might want to switch back to the official release when the next version comes out.
  • Thanks, I will wait for the next version of Standalone. Thanks a lot.