Initial sync error

I know there are other threads with similar issues, but I was having trouble figuring out if any are exactly the same problem that I'm having.

I have a relatively large library (~4000 items). Tried initial sync three times, resetting once. Never worked, same errors each time:

[JavaScript Error: "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 1411}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid response from server' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • There may be a server problem at the moment - the sync is timing out. Also I can't pull up "my library" on the website. I've been syncing for a while now with no issues.

Some sort of server status info page would be nice...

• There may be a server problem at the moment - the sync is timing out. Also I can't pull up "my library" on the website. I've been syncing for a while now with no issues.
    Exactly the same for me. Syncing and web site have both been fine until today.
  • I'm now syncing and "my library" is back.

jverber - this may be unrelated to your problem (I see your post was 5 hours ago), but you might try again.
  • edited March 12, 2009
    I don't know if my problem is related or not. I was trying to sync on a machine for the first time and the errors kept changing. My problem ID number is 100684511.

The last error message was:

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Existing item 7233 exists in cache in Zotero.DataObjects.reload()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Possibly mine is a java error with firefox?
  • For a while the error switched to "empty response from server" but now it's back to "invalid response from server"
  • In case it helps, I have problem ID number 1434428697
  • Not sure why, but I'm not having problems any longer.