tabs for the library?

Not sure if this is possible, but I would love to have the ability to assign tabs in the library to different types of materials that I want to keep seperate from one another. In particular, I would like to add my digital photos, fieldnotes, and archival notes to a separate area of the library. Currently, I can add these materials to the library, tag and organize them in collections, but I would rather not have them intermixed with the books, articles, etc in my library. For one, these fieldnotes and photos are for a time-specific project (e.g. 1 - 2 years). Once this project is done, I don't want them in my library anymore. I also want the ability to see these materials in a separate view, that is distinct from the rest of the library. In looking for a book or journal article, I don't want to have to sort through lots of text documents like transcribed interviews. My bibliographic materials, mostly social theory, are also materials that I want to leave in the library long-term. My thought is that if I could keep my fieldnotes (photos, etc.) separate from books and articles in the library, I could more easily find and sort through those materials as needed.