Not saving PDFs

Hi,

For a few months zotero will only save a citation of an article (from JSTOR, for example), and not the full PDF file. It has also lost the capacity to save multiple citations and PDFs at once (as in, if I'm on a search results page on JSTOR, I used to be able to save multiple articles simultaneously) -- I just purchased more storage and also updated zotero by redownloading the standalone version, and still am having the same problems. Any thoughts on how to solve this issue?

Thanks very much,
Sophie
  • What's an example JSTOR page that's not working? Can you access the PDF manually from the browser?

Do you have Zotero set to save PDFs in the General pane of the preferences? Do you have Zotero Standalone open when you try to save, such that the items appear immediately (before you sync)? Also, what browser are you using? Chrome?
  • I too am having this issue - although I am new to Zotero.

I'm using Chrome and Zotero Standalone and attempting to save a journal article from JSTOR. As Sophie has described, I have ticked the appropriate box in general preferences, yet it continues to only download the citation information. Zotero is open when I'm trying to save.

Furthermore, even when I open the PDF and attempt to save it through the document icon there, it is unresponsive.

Can anything be done to solve this?

Thank you,
    Megan
  • Megan: Can you provide a Debug ID from Chrome for a save attempt that doesn't include the PDF?
  • Dan, a Debug ID from one I've just tried is: D1853963108.

Thanks,
    Megan
  • (2)(+0000308): Downloaded PDF did not have MIME type 'application/pdf' in Attachments.importFromURL()

(3)(+0000000):
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html class="popup no-js" lang="en" >
    <head>
    <meta name="robots" content="noarchive,NOODP" />
    <meta name="description" content="JSTOR is a digital library of acade
    Have you opened a JSTOR PDF manually from Chrome and accepted their terms of service?
  • Yes; I've just tried it again when you mentioned it though and still no luck.