Zotero no longer connecting to word

Report ID: 873634962

Zotero has been working fine on my MAC for the last couple of years, but it is now failing to connect to my word documents. It does not connect to citations nor bibliography.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Zotero
2. Open word document I am working on
3. Attempt to add a citation/reference or bibliography, or refresh an existing reference, zotero fails and does not respond at all.

Can you please please help? I am in the last weeks of my PhD thesis, so this is really quite important for me at the moment. Thanks so much!

Diana
  • Try looking into word processor plugin troubleshooting page https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting
  • Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I am using Zotero Standalone so the Word processor plugins are included with Zotero Standalone. I have tried several times to install from the Zotero preferences put it hasn't led to anything yet and the same problem remains. Any other suggestions? thanks so much
  • edited July 8, 2016
    which Word version? And to make sure I understand correctly -- you do see the Zotero toolbar, it just doesn't react?
  • I think I have word 2011, and yes i see the zotero toolbar and the options add citation, add bilbo, refresh, etc, but it just doesn't react at all
  • edited July 8, 2016
    Do you have the items in the apple script menu as shown here
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_toolbar_in_word_2008_plugin
    Do those work?

Under tools --> addons in Zotero, does the Word add-on show up and is enabled (not grey)?

Edit: also, have you tried restarting your computer since this problem started?
  • Hi Adam, no idea why but its now working, albeit very very slow (as compared to usual).

I had already tried restarting my computer but it hadn't fixed the problem; I had the items in the apply script menu as shown in your link and under tools the word add-on was enabled (ei. not grey), so I'm not sure whats gone on, but somehow seems to be working again.
    Any idea whats happened?

Thanks,
    Diana