"Uncaught exception" when selecting field for edit with Dev XPI at Rev 1346

I fear in trying to solve the previous problem that I may have gotten myself into a bad spot. I'm got the latest Dev XPI (at Subversion changeset 1346) and I'm getting an Uncaught Exception error when trying to edit a field of a record. When simply bringing focus to the field, I get this JavaScript error:
Error: uncaught exception: Invalid base field 'function (value) {
var i;
for (i = 0; i < this.length; i++) {
if (this[i] === value) {
return true;
}
}
return false;
}" in ItemFields.getTypeFieldsFromBase()
...and I cannot edit it (which is to say that the field does not become editable).

Perhaps my SQLITE tables are not updated with the switch to the Dev XPI? Can I uninstall the Dev XPI and revert to stock 1.0.0b3?
  • OK, the latest dev build should resolve that error, but there are undoubtedly other places where that problem will come up, as it looks like you still have an extension that's extending Array.prototype (which, unlike extending Object.prototype, is not unreasonable, if still a bit unneighborly).

I've created a ticket to fix places in the code that iterate over Array objects using for...in, since we shouldn't really be doing that anyway (for just this reason). Let us know if you encounter any other problems like this.
  • Thank you, Dan -- that did the trick. This is a similar one, but it occurs only sporadically -- perhaps the first time a field is activated for edit?
    Error: t.select is not a function
    Source file: chrome://zotero/content/itemPane.js
    Line: 1078
    I'm willing to keep feeding them to you as long as you're willing to accept the. Shall I report them here or as comments on the ticket itself?
  • You can add comments directly to the ticket if you want. All errors--like the t.select one you mention--aren't necessarily from this same problem, but I guess it's possible, since I'm not encountering that error.

Let's continue the Hyperwords and Object/Array.prototype discussion on the other thread. Closing this one.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.