Can't find Zotero in Word for Mac 2016

I've installed Zotero on Firefox, but can't find it in Word 2016 on my Mac. Any clues?
  • I've also installed the add-in.
  • Start here: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#no_zotero_add-on_visible_in_word_2016
  • Adam,
    I've tried that, found the folder with Zotero.dot, copied the pathway into Startup preferences in Word and still...nothing.

A
  • OK, and you're looking in the right place? The toolbar will be in a tab called "Add-ins" in Word.
  • Okay, its in "Templates and Add-ins", listed as loaded, but what do I need to see and use the toolbar?
  • I may have not been clear -- the toolbar may already be there and you may just be overlooking it. In Word 2016, with Zotero add-on installed, there is a tab called "Add-ins". Are you not seeing that?
  • I don't see a tap called Add-ins. I went looking for it and found it under Tools>Templates and Add-ins.
  • "Tab", that is.
  • I'm still looking for a Zotero toolbar in Word 2016. Zotero is listed under Templates and Add-ins, but there is no tab and no toolbar. Any ideas?
  • How about when you open Zotero.dot directly. See the tab then? (this is for testing; it's not a solution)
  • Good. This is getting somewhere. When I go to the startup folder and click on Zotero.dot, I get a Word screen with the Add-in tab showing, and the Zotero commands there.
  • How can I get this to show up when I open Word normally?
  • Is Zotero activated under Templates and add-ins? I believe there should be a checkbox in front of it.
  • It all worked, at last. MANY thanks.

Anne