Can't Install Zotero

I had a problem with Zotero giving me an error message so I decided to uninstall it and install it again. When I tried to install Zotero, my computer asked me what program I want to use to open Zotero with and it only gave me Internet Explorer as a choice. I clicked on it and another window popped up with a list of programs, one was Firefox, so I clicked on Run, on Firefox. Now a window popped up with Internet Explorer as the only choice again. I thought it might be Firefox causing the problem even though I had the latest version, so I downloaded a fresh copy before trying to install Zotero again but it did not help. How can I get Zotero to work again.
  • I got Zotero to open in my Firefox browser now but its not listed in the Programs and Features window, and the Zotero icon doesn't show in my desktop. I prefer Zotero show outside of the browser because when its inside the browser not all my saved files show. I have to scroll down all the time.
  • You'll want to install Zotero Standalone. That's the version on the right here: https://www.zotero.org/download/
    If Windows prompts you for a program to open the downloaded file with, you have the wrong file.