"always on top" option for note editor

When taking reading notes on a pdf, I usually have Acrobat in full-screen mode and the notes in a separate window. When Acrobat is active, the note window disappears and I have to alt-tab between the windows. It would be nice if there was a "always on top" option for the note window. (Of course, I could have Acrobat not in full-screen mode, but I appreciate the vertical screen real estate that this mode offers. It's very important for reading on a relatively small screen.)
  • there is.
    right click on the top of the note window.
  • Thanks for the reply, but right-clicking the top of the window doesn't give me an "always on top" option. Is this OS-specific? I'm running Vista, and a friend with Linux apparently does have the option.
  • hmm might be. I have linux, too, I just assumed - take it as yet another reason to switch ;-)
  • I also think this would be an awesome non-OS-specific option. I have the same problem. It doesn't seem like it should be impossible - chatting programs usually have options to keep windows always on top, and Opera widgets have options to always keep them on top...
  • I'd also like to see that option added.
    WinXP & Win2000
  • Yup, just downloaded "DeskPins" freeware and it does the trick (works for any program).
  • wow, DeskPins works great, thanks for the tip...
  • Another program that adds 'always on top' capabilities to every window on Windows is Dexpot, a virtual desktop manager.
  • DeskPins= Fantastic! Here we are in 2013 and I'm in 64-bit Win7. We have tiny little program from 2004 (?) and does the job beautifully: can undock Zotero notes and go between pdf and note editor seamlessly. Thank you!
  • Thanks to previous comments. DeskPins works very well indeed!