Libre Office communication fails

Dear forum,

for a couple of days LibreOffice has been refusing to communicate with Zotero.
Clicking the Zotero-button (no matter which one - refresh, insert/edit citation) always brings the same error message "Libre office could not communicate with Zotero ..."

I use Firefox, browser is open, online, sync works, LibreOffice extension is reinstalled, JRE updated and adjusted in Libre Office... so I am helpless now. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Uli
  • which OS, which LO version, which Firefox version, which Zotero version?
  • Ah, sorry, I forgot:
    Win7
    Firefox 46.0.1
    LO 5.0.6.3
    Zotero 4.0.29.10
  • which JRE are you running and have selected in LO? That combo should work without issues.
  • edited June 4, 2016
    LO selected version of JRE is 1.8.0_91, the most recent one which I have updated this morning.
  • So far, no changes, unfortunately. JRE is updated to the above mentioned, which is the version selected in LO...
    any further ideas?
    (I didnĀ“t find anything helpful in the preferences section of both, LO and Zotero. Could it be something with the settings?)
  • I have the same problem. Create new document and try to add cite and create bibliography in the new document. If this work you going to need delete all cite and copy the your document to new document and add all cites again.

If anyone know any solution without do all again, should be grateful for future of the same problem.
  • Hi Omixam,
    this is not really a practicable way. In my case it is a paper I work on with, so far, 78 footnotes.
    Does no one have any ideas???
    Worst case would be, that Zotero is "dead" on that computer, unless I reinstall the whole OS.
  • Hi uliharass,

You have been tried with new documents?

It the result the same?
  • @uliharass -- here are all the relevant issues that could cause this I'm aware of:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#communication_error_or_non-responsive_plugin_buttons
    Any of them apply?
  • Hello Adam,

after a while with loads of improvisation and several attemps to solve the problem, nothing helped, and I have no clue as to the problem. Still, and late indeed, I tried the standalone version and that works!
    So now I have it all - standalone, Firefox extension and LibreOffice/Word-extension and so far no problem has occurred, I can insert footnotes as ever....