Can't connect to LibreOffice 5.1.2.2

Can't connect to LibreOffice 5.1.2.2 Is there a new plugin on the way, or maybe I'm missing some configuration issue?
  • works in general, on what OS, what exactly is happening?
  • didn't know that was up to LO5 -- did you try installing libreoffice-java-common ?
  • I did, and also checked the java version in java.com (the test succesfully informs me that I have java version 1.8.0_92, I restarted the computer. Still the following message:

OpenOffice.org could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox or Zotero Standalone is open and set to an online state and try again.
  • edited June 3, 2016
    Even after un/re-installing libreoffice, java (several times), zotero plugins for writer and firefox, factory resetting my windows pc (win 10, 64bits), clicking on the Add citation and edit citation toolbar still doesn't work on LibreOffice 5.1.2.2. Toolbar buttons are unresponsive (but they are not grayed out). When I tried to use the assigned keyboard shortcut, it gives me this error:

BASIC runtime error.
    An exception occurred
    Type: com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException
    Message: [jni_uno bridge error] UNO calling Java method trigger: non-UNO exception occurred: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegrationImpl$CLibrary
    java stack trace:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegrationImpl$CLibrary
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegrationImpl.trigger(ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegrationImpl.java:92)

Please help. I am working on a project and my deadline for submission is near.
  • edited June 17, 2016
    This one is zotero generated error report

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml" line: 1210}]
    [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml" line: 1210}]
    [JavaScript Error: "1464937391497 Toolkit.Telemetry ERROR TelemetryStorage::loadAbortedSessionPing - error removing ping: PingReadError JS Stack trace: PingReadError@TelemetryStorage.jsm:80:15 < TelemetryStorageImpl.loadPingFile<@TelemetryStorage.jsm:1440:13" {file: "resource://gre/modules/Log.jsm" line: 749}]

version => 4.0.29.10, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.29.10, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.12.SA.4.0.29.10, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (3.5.5.SA.4.0.29.10, extension), AdobeAAMDetect (1.0.0.0, plugin), Adobe Acrobat (11.0.15.2, plugin), Google Update (1.3.30.3, plugin), Microsoft Office 2013 (15.0.4420.1017, plugin), McAfee SecurityCenter (14.0.8185.0, plugin), Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U91 (11.91.2.15, plugin), Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.910.15 (11.91.2.15, plugin), Picasa (3.0.0.0, plugin), iTunes Application Detector (1.0.1.1, plugin)
  • Hard to say exactly, but it's clearly a Java issue, so don't worry about any other troubleshooting that doesn't involve Java or LO directly.

What JRE is selected for LibreOffice? Do you have multiple options?
  • Well (this is the ubuntu, LO 5.1 user): I checked through Java, verified I have the correct version (8 u 91), checked either the java 1.7 and 1.8 options in LO's advanced options menu, reinstalled java from the apt-get command line, restarted LO and Firefox several times, even updated LO to 1.5.3, to no avail. Everything, but the zotero-LO-Firefox plugin seems to work nicely.
  • Just in case it matters: I'm using 64 B Ubuntu
  • I don't have a good idea here. LO 5.x works flawlessly for me under 16.04, though I don't know about 14.04.

Could you run through all options you have checked (or not) on Tools --> Options --> advanced in LibreOffice, including the Java location?
    (and just to double-check: I was asking about the specific libreoffice java package above, i.e. sudo apt-get install libreoffice-java-common. You did that, right? This isn't just about the JRE installed on your computer, but also how it integrates in LO.
  • @ adamsmith. I apologize for my late reply. I have been out of town for some time. The one on my system is JRE 1.8.0_91. As of now, I have just the x86 version. I tried LO (5.1) with 64bit java but too that doesn't work so I have removed it and put back the x86 version. Issue still not resolved.
  • Sorry, but that doesn't answer either of my questions:
    Could you run through all options you have checked (or not) on Tools --> Options --> advanced in LibreOffice, including the Java location?
    and
    (and just to double-check: I was asking about the specific libreoffice java package above, i.e.
    sudo apt-get install libreoffice-java-common
    . You did that, right?
  • I think I've found the solution to my problem. Right Click on Libreoffice/writer and choose "Run as Admin". Viola! it works like charm!
  • ah sorry, I got the two of you confused so that last message didn't make any sense for you. You shouldn't have to run LO as admin, that's very odd and might be a minor security risk. You're not running Zotero as admin, are you?
  • edited June 21, 2016
    You mean run "firefox" as admin? I am using firefox zotero plugin for LO on windows 10. Anyway, running LO with admin privilege fixed my prob. If you guys think there's a bug in the 5+ versions of LO, kindly fix it in your next update release. Appreciate your patience and help and also for the wonderful LO.