can't paste into the 'add items by identifier'

Hi, I suspect this may be a problem specific to my set up, but any help appreciated.
Linux Mint 17.2 64bit
Cinnamon 2.6.13
Firefox 45

If I copy an ISBN and try and paste by right-clicking then paste into the add identifier box, nothing happens. The ISBN is definitely on the clipboard because I can paste it into the main zotero search box.
Additionally, I can't ctrl-v into the add-identifier box as the moment I press the ctrl button the box disappears. However I can ctrl-v into the main zotero search box.

I don't have this problem using Windows, so it's got to be something Minty-Cinnamon weird and so all advice welcome.

I don't think this is a new problem (but it's only recently become annoying enough to make me report it, as I started wanting to use this function).
  • right-click paste has never worked for that box (I thought it didn't work for Windows either?) but the disappearing box on ctrl is rather unfortunate -- does ctrl commonly have a function akin to Esc on Cinnamon?
  • I'm not in linux ATM, but perhaps using the middle-click paste buffer would be a decent work-around.
  • noksagt FTW !
    middle click works

I don't think this is a cinnamon thing per se.
    As I said, I can ctrl-v into the Zotero main search box.
    Also can't ctrl-v into any of the fields in the right hand pane
    But again, middle click works.
    Is this maybe some kind of database trigger?
  • As I said, I can ctrl-v into the Zotero main search box.
    Right, but something is closing the pop-up panel, which Esc (or something similar) would do, while Esc would have no effect in the search bar in the main pane.

If you try to Ctrl-v into the fields in the right-hand pane, do they stay open or close?
  • edited May 9, 2016
    Hi Dan,
    Yes, I have the same problem with the fields in the right-hand pane.
    Just pressing the ctrl button shuts them.
    But middle click, or right-click-paste, does paste no problem.
  • edited May 9, 2016
    Right, so somehow that key is triggering a blur event. Esc would do that.